The mission of the West Coast Center for Victorious Youth is to provide life skills, financial literacy, academic partnerships services and career training for at-risk and disenfranchised youth between the ages of 11-21 with the goal of exposing the under-served youth to the marketplace.
Our vision is to develop a generation of leaders-ultimately giving them educational opportunities which enable all students to achieve their highest potential so no youth is left behind.
Our teaching method is Youth Cultural Competence which is a system wide set of principles and practices that promotes an increased understanding and appreciation of youth involvement, youth popular culture, and positive peer influence; and utilizes these mechanisms to promote economic and educational development.
Interested in learning more?
- Life-skills Work readiness and employability
- Financial literacy to break the cycle of poverty
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Employability and work readiness
Many of these outcome measures have established validity and reliability, and have been sturdy enough to provide guidance and life changes to the participants of the programs.
West Coast Center for Victorious Youth aims to provide hands on educational program models based upon the premise that life and leadership skills, social development, financial literacy and career development can positively influence youth and can promote positive economic, intellectual and social outcomes.
Youth in our organization gain the following:
Our programs have varying degrees of life-skill activities, and all of them provide career and personal development, financial literacy, and educational travel experiences primarily for youth between the ages of 11 and 19. Although some of the programs target specific demographic groups (e.g., challenged youth, low-income families, minority youth, high school dropouts and single mothers our programs share at their core the desire to prepare adolescents for a productive and independent life.
Our initial primary focus is on enhancing youth participants’ way of thinking and attitude. Intermediate and longer-term outcomes are related to new skills acquired, education and economic achievements and positive behaviors that make them more productive citizen, regardless of what occupation is eventually chosen.
Initial, Intermediate/long-term outcomes for youth who participate in the West Coast Center‘s program are expected to increase in knowledge and changes in attitudes with regard to the following:
- Reduction in risky behaviors
- Low rates of youth crime and delinquency activities
- Early intervention to divert negative behavior
- Positive psychological well-being
- Low rates of depression, anxiety and other mental disorders
- High rates of optimism and positive sense of self
- Program at no costs to youth
- A program which provides a structure for bringing youth together in a positive setting;
- Innovative ideas and activities to share and implement;
- Material to support early intervention efforts and divert negative behavior;
- Invitations to attend future youth leadership development workshops and trainings;
- Education directly from financial institution staff who serve as educators for the program.
- Exposure to financial industry career paths and support they would not otherwise have;
- Financial literacy education that provides immediate and long term returns;
- A higher propensity towards saving which increases the youths’ net worth;
- Education to break the cycle of poverty;
- Programs offered at no cost to the youth
"Youth need to be supported and exposed to the various career paths available to them. With support and exposure our youth can become valuable assets to our communities"
- Alisa Jackson
"Remember, the key is to believe in yourself, never give up, and move forward for what you want in life to be successful"
- Sarout Long, 1999
Subscribe to receive updates by email here
@2021 West Coast Center for Victorious Youth. All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by: R. Jackson